Posted to alt.food.sushi,rec.food.cooking
Gerry[_3_] Gerry[_3_] is offline

Default Escolar

On 2010-04-24 14:38:35 -0700, Dan Logcher said:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:48:26 -0400, James Silverton wrote:
>>

>>> I know I cannot eat escolar without dire consequences...

>> I had two 6oz fillets on (1 each on two consecutive nights), and
>> only on the second night did I notice anything unusual down there.
>> And it was very short lived.
>>
>> Don't be such a pussy.

Responding to that I guess people eat all kinds of crap they wouldn't
otherwise. Better to eat pond scum that show "weakness".

> Every person is different.. some people's digestive system may not be
> able to handle any at all.

I like to avoid fish that generally makes a lot of people ill, even if
I don't feel ill. That is, based only on reputation alone, I'll be
glad to ditch it. When vast commercial interests are involved, my
default assumption is that they don't care whether I live or die as
long as I give them money--FIRST.

For that reason I even avoid buying frozen fish from China in the local
Vietnamese store. There's only been a few scares with frozen fish that
were contaminated and filled with **** and poison by the time they got
to the US. In the meantime, I'll assume that means ALL of them.

I'm a happy, healthy pussy, I suppose. I wish I could "man up" and
start eating poop straight out of dog's butt, but can't seem to find
the "courage" for it. I kinda think that's one whole element of
sushi-diner's. Thems that ain't afeared of eating RAW FISH! :-)
--
Dogmatism kills jazz. Iconoclasm kills rock. Rock dulls scissors.