Posted to alt.food.sushi,rec.food.cooking
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Escolar

On Apr 24, 10:48*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I know I cannot *eat escolar without dire consequences but I wonder if
> the Japanese government still bans its sale? I know people in the US who
> insist on eating it but I ate it *once* in the form of two pieces
> 2x1x0.5 inches and for about an hour I thought it was wonderful :-)

Bringing this on-topic: I see to its credit that Chez Papa Bistrot (on
Potrero Hill) has ceased making Escolar an entree on its prix fixe
menu.

Noted patriarchy-blamer Jill Posey-Smith wrote the definitive article
on Escolar-eating for the St. Louis altweekly some years ago.