Posted to alt.food.sushi,rec.food.cooking

Default Escolar

Hello All!

I know I cannot eat escolar without dire consequences but I wonder if
the Japanese government still bans its sale? I know people in the US who
insist on eating it but I ate it *once* in the form of two pieces
2x1x0.5 inches and for about an hour I thought it was wonderful :-)

When I was a child during WWII a canned fish from South Africa called
snoek was sold for a little while. I believe snoek is an other name for
escolar and I can understand why it was no great success.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations: