Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Favorite Cable TV Chef - Bourdain OR Zimmern?

"Nancy2" > wrote

> Zimmern isn't a chef, is he? He eats disgusting, weird stuff. I've
> never watched anything with him in it except promos for his program.
>
> In my area, they appear on the Travel Channel.
>
> N.

His bio says he is
http://andrewzimmern.com/content/meet-andrew
but it does not give any particular credentials where he worked in a
restaurant.

Experiencing Food, Sharing Culture

Andrew Zimmern is a food writer, TV personality, chef, teacher and is
regarded as one of the most versatile and knowledgeable personalities in the
food world.

As the co-creator, host and contributing producer of Travel Channel's hit
series, Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern and Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre
World, he travels the world, exploring the food in its own terroir, wherever
it's found. From restaurants to jungle markets, it's all about discovering
the authentic experience.

Bizarre Foods received high praise from The New York Times, The Washington
Post, Outside Magazine and other national publications. He has appeared on
Live with Regis and Kelly, NBC's Today show, the Food Network's Best Of and
Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Zimmern is also a columnist at Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine and his writing
appears in numerous national publications including Food Arts, Restaurant
Business, Delta Sky Magazine and Bon Appetit.

Andrew has served as SuperTarget's meal adventure guide, sharing his passion
for ethnic foods with supermarket customers around the country. He is the
international spokesman for Procter and Gamble's Pepto-Bismol brand, Travel
Leaders (formerly Carlson Wagonlit Travel) and Elite Destination Homes.

Andrew's first book, The Bizarre Truth, was released from Broadway Books on
September 8, 2009.