Robert A.M. van Lopik

Default Douro wine region, Douro river trip tour, Port wine wineries visiting.

"Negodki" > wrote in message
> "Robert A.M. van Lopik" > wrote:
>
> > From your address I presume you're Italian, so you would be able to
> > read/understand Portuguese.

> ??? The native language of Italians is Italian, not Portuguese! Although
> both are derived from Latin, they are no more similar to one another than
> English and German. To illustrate the immense difference, let's take

Mario's
> question:
>
> English: Which cities should I visit?
>
> German: Welche Städte sollte ich besichtigen?
>
> Italian: Quali cittā dovrei visitare?
>
> Portuguese: Que cidades devo eu visitar?

Of course I know they speak Italian in Italy. I only said he would be alble
to _understand_ .... In
fact, you illustrate my point. Your two sentences are sufficiently similiar
to be understandable for the other, contrary to your German example.

On international conferences I always noticed that Italians and Portuguese
seem to understand each other quite well.

ciao
rob van lopik

---