Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Phoenix ? ? ?

On Apr 14, 10:18 pm, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
> [snip]
> I'm looking for restaurant/foodie suggestions. Phoenix "special" or
> local food and places to eat it. I'll try to talk some brave soul
> from the conference into going with me.
>
> Suggestions are welcome and my thanks are great.

If you're in the mood for beef, Pinnacle Peak's Patio in Scottsdale.
The good quality (but not outrageously expensive) steaks are grilled
over mesquite wood fire. Standard accompaniments are simple green
salad and what they call 'cowboy beans' (pintos). So it's a downhome
kind of steakhouse, tasty, substantial food that won't break the
budget. If your accompanying brave soul is male, warn him not to wear
a tie or they'll (loudly) cut it off and tack it on the wall.

Other than that place (and it was some years ago) we've not found
foodie destinations in Phoenix. -aem