Posted to alt.food.wine
ronin ronin is offline

Default [LONG] Slewing Sideways Though SoCal, Part 2 - Santa Ynez Valley

> The final stop of the trip was in Solvang, that kitschy Dutch-American
> community in the midst of the Santa Ynez Valley. Au Bon Climat, the

I enjoyed your trip through the Santa Ynez Valley but I must take
exception to your description of Solvang as a "kitschy Dutch-American
community" My grandmother (120% Danish) is rolling in her grave! That
is a kitschy Danish-American community. All those flags with the funny
crosses on them are Scandanavian. That said, some of the best potato
salad and butter cookies live there too...