Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Tutall Tutall is offline

Default Need new smoker --- FAQ/Review site?

On Apr 12, 7:36*pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> These are about the best offset pit you can buy. I'm sure you
> could spend more somewhere, but you won't get more for
> your money.
>
> http://www.tejassmokers.com/*(Tejas Smokers)

Have lost my links, but there's (only) about 4-6 different companies
along the lines of Tejas. Oklahoma Joe(?) Tejas, a few others out
there.

> http://www.bbqpits.com/*(Klose Smokers)

Good stuff, probably 20% overpriced, but in some cases there aint no
competition, as with my Grill + side firebox for BBQ. Nobody else
makes one. Such an easy thing too.

> http://www.tejassmokers.com/products/2040cdet.htm

If those dummies would put a coal grate for grilling in the (deeper)
cooking chamber I probably would have their product.

What's getting me is the guy want a dedicated BBQ and is looking at
Komado-Kamado which are great for grilling too. Not that that's a
problem, but they are great grills and would probably replace what
he's using.