Posted to alt.food.barbecue
No Name

Default Need new smoker --- FAQ/Review site?

Dave> wrote:
> [...]

Dave>
wrote:
> [...]

Dave> Cons: cost
Dave> Pros: everything else exceptbeing large enough to do a whole
>> hog.
>>
>> How about being able to use whole logs in the fire?

Dave> How about it?

>> I believe the fire pits on the eggs will hold chunks of wood, is that
>> true?

Dave> Lump charcoal and large chunks of wood are what I use.

Dave> I highly recommend ceramic pits. Stay away from the Kamado
>> brand. The Big
>>
>> What is wrong with the Kamado brand (assuming you mean:

http>
www.kamado.com)

Dave> Shifty practices by the CEO, poor to non-existent customer service, inferior
Dave> production and materials, leaving town and leaving workers and creditors
Dave> holding the bag. Do you want more? BTW, I own a Kamado #7, which I am happy
Dave> with, but it was more a matter of serendipity than by good business
Dave> practices of Kamado.

Thanks.

Dave> As to the rest of your reply, I cannot easily see what it is that you've
Dave> said vs. what I have said, and what it is that you wish for me to further
Dave> answer. Sorry, but your quoting style is too tedious to wade through.

Dave> --
Dave> Dave
Dave> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
Dave> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

What you said has "Dave>" in front of it. What I said
has some number of ">"'s in front of it.

Mainly I would like to find more reviews of the individual machines, with a lot
of detail about construction and use. The KK site had a link to a 2006 review that
gave me a pretty good idea about their machine, which sounds really wonderful. But
it is old, and the new machines cost double what the reviewed one did, so it is a bit
confusing about what has changed.

I think I am pretty much sold on the "ceramic" cookers, but I want to be careful about
which one I chose.

Thanks.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.food.barbecue...)