Posted to rec.food.sourdough,alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove,rec.food.cooking
CJ[_2_] CJ[_2_] is offline

Default I Love Sourdough!

For someone using it for rye I discovered one can make rye without
sourdough, wheat or even yeast. Just needs the right kind of baking form, I
use one intended for muffins (so I get rye "cakes"). It needs to be a bit
longer in the oven to get a solid crust (with a standard bread form it
still tends to fall apart, the crust does not support it enough). Maybe
some xanthan gum also helps. No need for yicky fungi or bacteria in your
bread.