Bill Spohn

Default TN claret SFWS Nov tasting

>OT, still haven't moved, hope for next week, bloody lawyers and bloody
>English law.
>Is it as bad in Canada, Bill?

Canada? Mild temps, with only a drizzle of conveyancing solicitors......

>Question for you experts. I believe that old claret was made for a long
>life, stalks and all. Modern claret, as above, made for youthful consumption
>and then dies.
>Do you agree??

In general I think there is some truth in this. Wines are made to be 'fruit
friendly' and ready to drink these days, and one result is that they often have
less acidity and much less or softer tannins. I anticipate their early deaths,
unmourned by those who respect the old styles.

Bill
(a big 1975 fan)