Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Healthy Puerh Tea

The only puer that has a medicinal effect on me is shu. I drink it
after every evening meal to settle the stomach. At one point I drank
my share of sheng. I could feel a narcotic numbing effect on my
brain. My tongue felt irritated. I could tell this tea was on
steroids. If you read the Puer groups I think there is a growing
consensus that too much is not good. One translation for sheng is
'raw'. It is picked in a tropical area and after drying steamed into
cakes. It makes sense to let the bacteria fauna work on the tea over
a period of time instead of you. If I was drinking tea for heath
benefits then I would not limit myself to one. I dont consider myself
all that healthy after drinking tea for all my life. However I do
believe I could be in worse shape if I didnt. I am drinking a white
tea with mangousteen which is the latest health rage in the US. I go
by the taste which seems to compliment the tea. If it is curing me of
something it didnt cost me anything extra. If you drink tea for
medicine youll find something to replace it.

Jim

PS At one point in time I was drinking shu as thick as soup. Now it
is thin made with half gram of shu. Its amazing how much taste you
get with so little.