Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default The Medical Industrial Complex

In article
Frank > wrote:

> I'm old too but I can still do all these things.
> When I almost bought the farm 10 years ago and was saved by modern
> surgery the only good thing was that I cashed in on all the medical
> insurance I had paid for over the years.

On more than one situation, I have had my close calls with death. I came
within a few seconds of my cold hands losing grip on some rock and my
sliding down an ice stream for over 1000 feet into a partially frozen
lake. That taught me that I was not petrified at the thought of death. I
would be more scared of a combat situation where there is a significant
probability of a painful lingering death.

I remember the quote:

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of
chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course
others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
Patrick Henry

There is a point at which I do not wish to be enslaved by infirmities.

Bill

--
An old man would be better off never having been born.