Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food,rec.food.restaurants
Ubiquitous Ubiquitous is offline

Default How Should KFC Follow up Their All-Meat, No-Bun 'Sandwich'?

The "Double Down," a new menu option from KFC, is your standard
grilled-cheese-and-bacon sandwich, except they've replaced the bread. With two
hunks of fried chicken. What else can be replaced by fried chicken? We explore
the wondrous possibilities.

KFC's newest assault on the cardiovascular health of America first gained
internet-legend status back in August, when it was test-marketed in Rhode
Island and Nebraska and reviewed by FoodGeekery ("like a party in my mouth.")
After suffering through months of uncertainty, fried-food aficiondos have been
rewarded: The "Double Down" will be available on April 12, and the chain has a
helpful countdown timer to get you really psyched up for this:

But surely KFC can do more. Now that they've replaced bread with fried
chicken, what other menu options can be "enhanced"? We have some suggestions:

KFC Snacker
Original: This is one of our most popular sandwiches. It's an all white meat
chicken strip double-breaded for extra crispy crunch, topped with fresh
lettuce and a kick of pepper mayo sauce, served on a warm sesame seed bun.

"Double Down" Version: This is one of our most popular sandwiches. It's an all
white meat chicken strip double-breaded for extra crispy crunch, topped with
fresh lettuce and a kick of pepper mayo sauce, served on a warm fried chicken.

Roasted Caesar Salad
Original: Crisp Iceberg & Romaine lettuce with KFC's signature oven-roasted
chicken, topped with parmesan cheese, and served with Caesar dressing and
croutons on the side.

"Double Down" Version: Crisp fried chicken with KFC's signature oven-roasted
chicken, topped with parmesan cheese, and served with Caesar dressing and
croutons on the side.

Chicken & Biscuit Bowl
Original: We start with our signature mashed potatoes layered with sweet
kernel corn and loaded with bite-size pieces of crispy chicken. Then we top
with our homestyle white pepper gravy and sprinkle with our shredded three
cheese blend. For the final touch, we tuck a buttermilk biscuit in the side.

"Double Down" Version: We start with our signature mashed potatoes layered
with fried chicken and loaded with bite-size pieces of crispy chicken. Then we
top with our homestyle white pepper chicken and sprinkle with our shredded
fried chicken. For the final touch, we tuck fried chicken in the side.

Little Bucket Parfaits
Original: Enjoy spoonfuls of KFC's creamy and delicious layered parfaits.
Available in four flavors: Fudge Brownie, Chocolate Crème, Lemon Crème and
Strawberry Shortcake.

"Double Down" Version: Available in one flavor: Fried chicken.

--
It's now time for healing, and for fixing the damage the Democrats did
to America.