Dale Williams

Default Online New Jersey Retailers?

In article >,
(J Derby) writes:

>Sadly, gary's... does not deliver to UT, nor does winelibrary. Only
>Bertelli's, which I was unaware of, and supercellars, for the record.
>If any other states or specific vendors are known to ship here, I'm
>all ears--er, eyes. Thanks for the info so far...

I'm afraid you might have to go the slow method of contacting individual
stores. A lot use the "it's your responsibility to know your state's laws, you
take possessionin our state, we just facilitate the shipping."

A little while back I posted following:

a few profiles of reputable websites:

Chambers St Wines (
http://chambersstwines.com/) : NYC based retailer
(1-212-227-1434) , I shop there in person so don't use mailorder. But others
do, and consistently rave about service and selection on the various wine
boards. IMHO, one of top places (the top?) in country for wines that are
ignored by Parker, WS et al - extremely deep in Loire, South of France, etc.
Better German and Austrian selections than most. Very knowledgable staff, good
prices. Good recommendations - if they tell you the Brun Terres Dorres
Beaujolais is what you're looking for, try it!

Premier Cru (premiercru.net)- sometimes out of stock of things they say they
have, but often probably best prices in country for Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhone-
esp. older stuff. US too. Not a place for advice.

Zachy's (zachys.com) prices range from really good to REALLY bad. But
cherry-picking can lead to some bargains, if you time their sales.

I don't use as much, but Garagiste.com, Sam's in Chicago, K & L in Bay Area,
Brentwood (but watch auctions- I learned from bitter experience than S & H
charges can make expensive if you only get a few bottles), Winex in Orange
County are all worth trying. Ditto Wine Library and Gary's Wine in NJ.

Places I had a problem: Garnet and Pops. Others love them both. Hell, someone
even has been posting love paeans re Crossroads in NYC on another board, a
place I regard as more a Wine-oven than Wine-Store.
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply