hellohello hellohello is offline
Experienced Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Wonmug View Post
Dominic,

Some time ago you suggested several teas from Teaspring. I bought
three of them:

Shui Xian 200 grams
Bi Luo Chun 200 grams
Long Jing 200 grams

I have now had time to try them using various brewing parameters. I
thought you might be interested in the results.

Shui Xian. You suggested this one when I asked for something like what
is typically served in Chinese restaurants. It is indeed very much
like that. I am still getting to know this tea, but so far I give it a
rating in the middle of the Very Good range. It is not close to
Excellent. For me, this is not an everyday tea nor one that I would
make in more than 1-2 cup pots. It is very similar to something from
Upton called Wu Yi Water Fairy.

Bi Luo Chun. I have not done as much with this one because the first
couple of pots had a funny aftertaste. I am still experimenting. So
far, I would rate this as in the upper Good range or maybe lower Very
Good range. It is very similar to something from Upton called Pi Lo
Chun.

Long Jing. I saved this one for last. This is an excellent tea. I can
enjoy 1-2 cups, or I can make a large pot (5-6 cups) and drink it all
day while working at my desk. So far, I have brewed it at 160. I want
to try it cooler, as you suggest. I think this will become a staple.

Given my reaction to these, do you have any others to recommend?

Again, thank you for your help and insight.
if you are really interested in tea,Welcome to 5K Tea - Chinese tea, green, black, oolong, pu erh , is a good place for you .
you can buy teas there at a low cost!!!
www.5ktea.com, the number-one Chinese online teashop ,enjoys the reputation for the best teas and services.