RV WRLee

Default organic wines

>I believe the fact that such wines
>are generally poor is the reason mainstream winemakers hesitate to put
>the word "organic" on their labels, even when it refers only to
>vineyard management. As we've seen here, there is wide confusion of
>what "organic" means on a label.

I beleive that in the US the FDA or the Dept of Agriculture has a standard by
which organic farming and food production is measured. It is my understanding
that the process and ongoing maintainence required to label a product as
"Organic" is quite extensive and expensive so many may make "Organic" wines but
few label it as such due to the regulatory process being so onerous.
Bi!!