Michael Pronay

Default [OT] Bourgogne, anyone?

Ian Hoare > wrote:

> Another, MUCH more famous, up with Ostertag in the reputation
> stakes, is Jean-Michel Deiss of Domaine Marcel Deiss.

An absolutely impressive guy ...

> I don't know how much it costs,

(I bet it's sold out since long.)

> but his Grand Cru assemblage

.... who hit the officials into their face by buttling this totally
illegal concoction (by law a wine labelled "Grand Cru" has to be
made from one - and only one! - of the four noble grape
varieties). He was taken to the "tribunal penal" (iirc) - and won!

> "Altenburg de Bergheim" was a revelation - and that's an
> understatement. It was quite simply the most exciting wine - bar
> none - that I've tasted for the last 5 years.

Wait for the Valinière ... ;-)

M.