Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default [OT] Bourgogne, anyone?

Well, chambre d´hôtes, I know one in Dieffenbach au Val, a few miles east of
Selestat - 'Les Trois Pierres' by the Geiger family. Very reasonably priced
with a rebate if you´re staying more than two nights. You can Google for
them, they are on Internet. In the same village is La Romantic, also by a
family Geiger, which we were recommended by a French couple, only they were
solidly booked.
TO get the really good chambres d´hôtes, you need to book well in advance.
Not c d´h but a good place is L´aigle d´or in Rimbach la Vallée, very near
Guebwiller, up in the mountains a bit. Quite good kitchen and wine list.
In Colmar, Turenne is a certain value, as a hotel - no restaurant, but
you´ll find a few not far from it, as, e g, Les trois poissoniers. ALso has
garage (book in advance!). If in Colmar, you could have lunch at Le
Rendez-vous de chasseurs, one thingy in Guide ROuge, better value if you
have lunch (as is generally the case).
Passing through/by Turckheim, be sure to visit L´homme sauvage - a
tremedous young chef who has take over a decrepit resto, the specialty of
which was a sort of mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon. Icnredibly
elegant, imaginative, with respect for the seasons, at very good value. Drop
by the Francois Baur in the same block and say hello to Madame la patronne.
Try their Rielsing GC Brand. And their Pinot Gris Herrenweg, really a rising
value. As is their Muscat. Don´t let them flog any of their `98s on you,
they are sparse and twiggy. Watch out for 2000 and later.

HTH

Nils GUstaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se
"Sojourner" > skrev i meddelandet
> <List deleted>
>
> Thanks for those. I'll get moving on it now as I have a lot of other
> things to see to in the next couple of weeks.
>
> >HTH and have a really good stay in Alsace - it is wonderful!

> I've driven through there before, but never stopped. Do you (or
> anyone) have any recommendations for places to stay - chambres d'hotes
> or whatever?
>
> >Beware people who put their wione in blue bottles.

> Beware people who like wine in blue bottles! 8-)
>
> Regards,
>
> John
>
> To reply by e-mail, remove the obstruction from my address
> Si vous souhaitez répondre par e-mail, enlevez l'obstruction de mon

adresse