Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
.[_7_] .[_7_] is offline

Default Getting the !@#$%#! lid off the La Preferida mole sauce jar

On Mar 15, 3:55*pm, OLY > wrote:
> What's the secret, no-hassle way to do it?

Nature was working against you. Air pressure was holding the cap
tightly on the jar.

My Mom taught me that you can break the vacuum by gently tapping the
side of the lid against the kitchen counter top.

Last time I had a badly stuck lid, I went to my tool box in the garage
and got a rawhide mallet and rapped all around the edge of the lid.

Another way is to attach a large radiator hose clamp, like about 4
inches in diameter, to the lid so you have something to grip when you
twist the lid off.

Also, you might find a miniature strap wrench in the kitchen gadgets
section of your local supermarket.

It looks like a smaller version of an oil filter strap wrench. Mom
used to have one.