swooper

Default YellowTail now available at 'home"

Went to a major wholesaler expo and curiosity got the better of me as
they had the much discussed Yellowtail Shiraz, and Yellowtail Merlot
available for tasting. Now available in Australia, (it has has LOTS
of publicity here due to the success of the export of 5.4 million
cases, and expected to rise to 6million next fin. year). I found them
both inoffensive, but thin and sweet. Winemaker told me the 03
yellowtail IS a little sweeter than 02 as it will suit the US market
more. Here's the local catch.... they are expecting it to fetch just
under $10AUS per bottle, and in that company, would NOT be on my
shopping list. Too many other 'quaffing' wines of much better quality
are available, so I guess that leaves the bulk of the produce for you
Americans... :>)

Regards
Matt