Mark Lipton

Default '99 Silver Oak Alexander Valley

Leichtman wrote:

> It was as wonderful as ever. Only new restaurant was Swig which serves
> mostly asian tapas. Everyone seems to have gotten on the tapas craze. El
> Encanto which serves food from central Mexico (Mexico City, Oaxaca,
> Puelba and Merida is also a new one for me.

Me too. You sure you mean Mérida? It's in the Yucatan, not central MX. Sounds
good, regardless. I'll make a note to try it the next time we're there.

> <SNIP great list of restos>

Last time we were there, we had a great meal at Geronimo. Anasazi and Santacafe I
am less enthusiastic about (but still good).

Thanks very much for such a thorough description. I almost feel as if I had been
there (and I've resolved to go next year). I am a bit worried, though, that the
foreign contingent there seemed less interesting. Personally, I think that some
of the best matches for Southwestern cooking don't come from the US (Alsace, the
Loire and NZ f'rinstance).

Mark Lipton