Dale Williams

Default TN: '99 Ste. Colombe (CdC)

Betsy had a full day Sunday- Sufi/Indian music in a Presbyterian Church (!!),
then a matinee of "Magic Flute". So I volunteered to do dinner. Lamb chops and
eggplant on the grill, with spinach and some baked potatoes. Lamb usually
signals Bordeaux to me, and since I like my meat rare I went for a young one.
The 1999 Ch. Ste.Colombe (Côtes de Castillon) is from an estate partially owned
by Gérard Perse of Pavie fame. So one might expect a very New Wave style.
There is definitely some oak there, but there is also moderate acidity, a real
Bordeaux nose with minerals and a little lead-pencil, and good fruit. The fruit
runs mostly to the red side- cherry and red berries. A nice medium bodied Right
Banker, modern without being outlandish, ready to drink, and a good deal at
$10-12. A B+ on my easy scale.

Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply