Mark Lipton

Default On cheese and wine

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:

> I would like to hear about your favorites. What do you drink with a
> manchego? An emmenthaler? One of those weird goat´s cheeses from Provence
> packed in chest nut leaves? Etc.

Congrats again, Nils! As for your question: Manchego is to me one of the
great red wine cheeses, provided that it's not too young. I've had it with
aged Bordeaux and it was lovely. It's one of my standard accompaniments now
for red wine tastings. I haven't much access to good Emmenthaler, but Gruyère
is another fine foil to large red wines. I'll defer to Mike's expertise on the
subject of Banon...

Mark Lipton