Dave Gimbel

Default Ontario Wines

Here are 3 reds worth trying from Cilento wines. The winemaker Terence van
Rooyen, (from South Africa KWV fame) is a master with Ontario reds.
2000 Cabernet-Merlot, lcbo #510305 $ 11.95. An excellent everyday red, Equal
parts of CS, CF and Merlot.
1999 Cabernet Sauvignon reserve #lcbo vintages #510289 $22.95
excellent example of what can be done in Ontario with CS.
1999 Merlot Reserve, lcbo vintages #593947 $ 34.95 and worth every penny.
"2003 Ontario wine awards best Merlot"
If you can find the 1999 Cab franc reserve in Vintages, #547414,
have your store transfer a couple of bottles in. At $12.95 this is the steal
of the week. The follow-up 00 available only at the winery is still a baby.
Cellar for 2-3 years.

Dave.