Ian Glover

Default Cote de Rhone label info

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:48:40 -0400, Larry wrote:

> Just bought a Cote de(du?) Rhone by E. Guigal. Someone suggested that
> almost anything by Guigal would be a good one to try.
>
> I think many would think it good(vague I know), but since I like
> Aussie and California Cabs and Shirazes, it was not my "cup of tea".
>
> Can anyone tell me why the back of the bottle does not have anything
> in the way of a description of the wine other than" Product of France-
> Rouge" I like to know if it's full bodied or has blackberry and plum
> flavour or has a medium long finish and so on.

If you want more information on it try the Guigal website,
http://www.guigal.com/site/anglais/vins.html
"• Appearance :
Deep, bright, garnet-red colour.

• On the nose :
A fresh, crisp wine, small soft fruit and spices

• On the palate :
A full-bodied, elegant wine, with mellow tannins, warmth and aromatic
intensity.

• Main qualities :
A complete wine with lots of length on the palate. Elegance and finesse
due to well-balanced tannins and fruit."

Also gives the composition as 50% Grenache, 25% Mourvedre and 25% syrah.

Personally, I happened to have it for the first time at a dinner the other
day and would have to say that I agree with Mark that it struck me as okay
but not hugely exciting.

Ian