Dale Williams

Default TN: value in a Viognier

In article >, Mark Lipton >
writes:

>Well, to be fair to him, most of his portfolio that I've tried has been from
>the Rhone Valley. His selections there I find to be very high quality with
>good "typicity." YMMV, though.

The only Kacher Rhone I'm familiar with is the Santa Duc Gigondas, which is
usually tasty in a oaky/forward way. My semi-snideness I think probably comes
from some of the Kacher Burgundies. Where some of the producers have changed
their wines to meet his unfined/unfilltered/heavy new oak preferences.

>Funny, isn't it? I began my "ABC" phase with Viognier, but then got
>disaffected with it: too pricey and/or inconsistent. Now I drink far more SB
>and Pinot Gris than Viognier.

Sounds a lot like me. Thought by ABC phase could never get me to give up on
Chablis

Best,

Dale

Dale Williams