Mark Lipton

Default TN: value in a Viognier

Dale Williams wrote:

> In article >, Mark Lipton >
> writes:
>
> >imported to the US by Robert Kacher)
> >
> >Overall, clear varietal
> >character

> Not neccesarily phrases one always sees together.
>
> Actually, that's not fair. Kacher's wines are I guess usually true to grape,
> though it can be hard to determine area.

Well, to be fair to him, most of his portfolio that I've tried has been from
the Rhone Valley. His selections there I find to be very high quality with
good "typicity." YMMV, though.

> Thanks for the notes, one to look for. When I first discovered
> Viognier/Condrieu, I drank quite a bit. Now it's something I look for maybe
> once every 3 months. But it's nice to see a good one under $15!

Funny, isn't it? I began my "ABC" phase with Viognier, but then got
disaffected with it: too pricey and/or inconsistent. Now I drink far more SB
and Pinot Gris than Viognier.

Mark Lipton