Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Brisket Recipe

On 4-Mar-2010, "Kent" > wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> >

> > "Kent" > wrote
> >> To what internal temp? I'm thinking 175F, rather than the usual 190%
> >> Any other thoughts?

> > If you like the meat to be tougher than your bbq, the 175 may be good.
> > I'd go higher, but that's me.
> >

> Does corned beef brisket have to be grilled to the same internal temp. of
> 190F or so like non corned brisket?

I would never "Grill" corned beef brisket.
I would smoke roast corned beef brisket to 190F internal.

> I guess when you look at how we usually simmer the
> corned beef for a fairly long time, the internal temp. probably
> does rise to near 200F.

It certainly does at my house.

> One could also simmer with cabbage and potatoes
> in the usual fashion to 140-150F or so and then finish off on the WSM.

I can't even imagine doing something so stupid as to take a piece of
corned beef out of a pot of simmering water and taking it to my smoker
as a finishing process.

> Would you slow cook or fast cook once you got to the grill?

Since that would never happen, the question is moot.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)