Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Lent

On Mar 5, 10:26 am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> The nice thing about Lent is the expansion of fresh seafood.
>
> Tonight
>
> Butter
> Garlic
> Shrimp
> Lemon juice.
>
> OK maybe a caper or 2.
>
> Parsley garnish
>
> Serve over linguini.

The nice thing about shrimp is the variety of flavors they
accommodate. The above is fiine, but would also be fine with a slice
of ginger to flavor the butter and a few red pepper flakes to spice it
up.

Last time I looked for uncooked frozen shrimp at TJ's they had two
packages. I thought they differed only in size (Jumbo versus Large, I
forget the number counts but they are always clearly marked on the
package at TJ's) and then I noticed that one was from Cambodia, the
other from Mexico. I assumed both were farmed and took the
Mexican.

Who needs Lent? We eat fish or seafood all the time. -aem