Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default Brisket Recipe

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Kent" > wrote
>> To what internal temp? I'm thinking 175F, rather than the usual 190%
>> Any other thoughts?

> If you like the meat to be tougher than your bbq, the 175 may be good.
> I'd go higher, but that's me.

Does corned beef brisket have to be grilled to the same internal temp. of
190F or so like non corned brisket? I guess when you look at how we usually
simmer the corned beef for a fairly long time, the internal temp. probably
does rise to near 200F. One could also simmer with cabbage and potatoes in
the usual fashion to 140-150F or so and then finish off on the WSM. Would
you slow cook or fast cook once you got to the grill?

Kent