Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve B[_7_] Steve B[_7_] is offline

Default Do tamales freeze well?

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> Steve B > wrote:
>
>> I put some tamales in the freezer a while back. I am thawing
>> them out for dinner tomorrow as appetizers to grilled ribs.
>> (I know better than to call them barbecued.) Do they freeze
>> well? They are in husks, and that wrapped in plastic.

> Tamales freeze acceptably. They freeze about as well as
> anything else that is said to freeze well. Just steam
> them in their husks straight out of the freezer -- do
> not thaw in a refrigerator first.
>
> (It might take a long time to steam them, 30 or even 40
> minutes, depending on how cold your freezer is.)
>
> Steve

My thoughts, exactly. And they are in blobs of six. How long would it take
to get the middle ones unfrozen, and how cooked would the outside be? I
thawed them overnight, and they are loose now. Guess I'll find out when I
taste them. Will do a follow up report. I just don't like putting out
something that I think will be glop.

Steve