Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.legal,alt.america
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default partlyOT--- Landlord woes

"PLucas1" > wrote in message
> Me and my partner rent a flat, and we have started to have problems..
> The landlord came in our flat, and told us we were not allowed to put
> up a smoke detector.. I Called the fire station, and nothing more was
> said for almost 3 days.. Last week, my partner hung a night light
> outside.. Today the landlord calls him, and Yells at him "WHAT DO YOU
> MEAN PUTTING HOLES IN MY WALLS" and demanded the light, AND the fire
> alarm come down.. We would move, but we are in lease, Its getting
> rediculous.. there are laws for detectors. What are our options? Can
> we get her for harassment?? My partner just called me crying.. Im at
> my mothers, I didnt hear the actual call..
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia

The above is an example of why we switched from being residential landlords
to commercial landlords. Who owns the building? Who pays the taxes and
insurance? Who pays for repairs after you move out and leave holes all over
the place? We have about $25,000 in judgments due us from former tenants.
Can we collect them? Good Luck!