Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants
[email protected] ranck@vt.edu is offline

Default Culinary Oases

In rec.food.cooking Bob Terwilliger wrote:
Boli wrote:

The Inn at Little Washington is in Washington, Virginia, not WEST Va.

Ahh, thanks. Somehow my head confused Inn at Little Washington with The
Greenbriar.

Well, while we're in that area there is a place called Eagle Nest
in Alleghany, VA. It is in the middle of freaking nowhere, but
has really excellent food. Note, there is no 's' on the end of
the word 'eagle.' Other places in VA have the 's' but are not
the same. This place is about 1 mile from the West Virginia
border and probably 10 miles from The Greenbriar.

http://eaglenestrestaurant.com/

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.