Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default TEAPOTS

In article >, <RJ> wrote:
>After moving into "loose tea", I bought a pretty teapot.
>
>Problem is, it takes me over an hour to drink a pot of tea.
>By then, the tea is lukewarm or cool.
>I've even tried a "cosy", but it really doesn't help too much.
>A friend has suggested using a thermos after the tea's been brewed.
>But that sort of defeats the idea of "the pretty teapot".

1. Use a thicker or heavier pot. Earthenware will keep the tea hotter
longer than thin bone porcelain. It's uglier, but functional.

2. Get a smaller teapot. The 2-cup Chatsworth might do it for you.

3. Invite friends over to help you drink tea.

4. Keep the teapot only for when you have friends over, and use an in-cup
basket to make a single cup of tea at a time when you're just by yourself.
That's what I do.
--scott