Old 28-02-2010, 08:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default Culinary Oases

"Dimitri" wrote in message

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote in message
So you're driving along in some misbegotten part of the country, but you
suddenly stumble onto a FANTASTIC restaurant, surrounded by mediocrity or
worse.

Example 1: The Inn at Little Washington, in Washington, West Virginia.

Example 2: Highlands Bar and Grill in Birmingham, Alabama.

Example 3: Taste Restaurant, in Plymouth, California.

Example 4: El Bulli, in Roses, Catalonia.

I call these "culinary oases," and I wish I knew about more of them. Can
anybody add to the list?

Bob

San Francisco - Scoma's

Bentonville Arkansas - Fred's hickory Inn

Greek town Chicago - Roditis

Cayucos Ca - Sea Shanty

--
Dimitri

Searing

Most people living in the SF Bay Area don't go to Fisherman's Wharf. It's
overpriced; parking is impossible; the food is so-so. Scomas is OK, but
overpriced, and basically falls into that category. You won't find the
localss there.

Kent