Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Dietary Question

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:44:45 -0800, Ron > wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:15:26 -0500, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:
>
>>How many here have some form of food restriction diet? I was diagnosed with
>>type 2 diabetes a number of years ago and was given a regimen to
>>follow.......harder than it looks/sounds. If you have a condition/diet how
>>do you do it? Just curious, as it seems like a never ending attempt to do
>>something only to fail badly at it.
>>-ginny
>>

>I manage my diet by reducing the sugar and carbs and increasing fruits
>and vegetables. Combine that with exercising at the gym 3 to 5 days a
>week (30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes strength training) and my blood
>sugar is normal. I could pass a blood glucose tolerance test easily.

Don't bet on that. Just because you control with diet and exercise,
does not mean you aren't a diabetic. A GTT provides full frontal
attack on your insulin production and resistance. No whole grains
involved.

Nothing cures T2 diabetes...you can control it, but you cannot cure
it. - at least not with any methods we have now.

Boron