Posted to rec.food.cooking
Van[_3_] Van[_3_] is offline

Default Dietary Question

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
> How many here have some form of food restriction diet? I was diagnosed
> with type 2 diabetes a number of years ago and was given a regimen to
> follow.......harder than it looks/sounds. If you have a condition/diet
> how do you do it? Just curious, as it seems like a never ending attempt to
> do something only to fail badly at it.
> -ginny

I have End Stage Renal Disease (kidney failure), and should be (!)
following a 'renal diet' which is fairly strict in limiting foods high in
phosphorus, potassium and sodium. This limits a lot of everyday stuff such
as tomatoes, potatoes, nuts, dried beans, milk, cheese, fresh fruits &
vegetables.

I'm not really religious about adhering to this strictly, but try to keep my
portions under control. They give me bloodwork every 2 weeks & my 'report
card' seems to come back with good numbers.

Life's a bitch, but better than the alternative.

Van