Posted to rec.food.cooking
Manda Ruby Manda Ruby is offline

Default Best bottled water?

On Feb 19, 8:05*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "PL1." > wrote in message

> > Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
> > water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
> > antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
> > What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
> > buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

> > --
> > Peter Lucas
> > Brisbane
> > Australia

> Save money and effort of hauling water. *Get a filter for taste and odor
> (carbon based) and change the cartridge a few times a year. *Cheaper,
> easier, never runs out because you forget.

I totally suppor this idea. I was using Pur water filtration though
my refrigerator has a water filter. (I don't like drinking cold
water). I had two gallon container. But, over time, the replacement
filter cartridge became a rip off when it would get clogged very early
and water wouldn't flow anymore though the timer still showed a long
way to go. So, I started buying Crystal Geiser bottled water. Then I
got tired of carrying them - use filtered water in risning food and
cooking - and so it dawned on me to do this with refrigerator's
filtration: Let the cold water warm up before I drink it. I even
found a spaghetti sauce bottle heavy enough to press that little flap
to turn on the water and I didn't have to hold the glass to collect
water. All those money I wasted make me feel so foolish.