Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Nice village Meursault , dull Chablis AC, nice Margaux AC

With lemon sole, broccoli rabe, and a winter vegetable salad
(celeriac, other root veggies, feta, etc) the 2007 Lafouge “Les Meix
Chavaux” Meursault. Sweet Bosc pear fruit, orange peel, light
hazelnutty notes. Nice mid-bodied white Burg, balanced acidity, stony
notes on the finish. A-/B+

I was really happy to get home Friday, and Betsy greeted me with some
leftover ama-ebi. I opened a half bottle the 2007 Daniel Dampt
Chablis. I've been a fan of the Dampt Cote de Lechet, but I think this
is my first time with the Chablis AC. Clean, but ultimately boring.
Lean green apple fruit, tart, rather short. B-/C+

Dinner was roast chicken, with a fennel/cabbage salad and an
assortment of leftover vegetables. I opened the 1979 Ch. du Tertre
(Margaux). This wine has been quite dependable for a long time- I had
in the mid-90s and quite liked, and then restocked a few years ago
when some friends described it as the surprise of a 79 horizontal. I
got several at auction, was quite pleased, then restocked on Winebid.
This was a WB bottle, good fill but cork looked pretty saturated - I
used an Ah So. Maybe a bit more advanced than pristine bottles, but
still a solid and classic claret. Smooth cassis fruit with mature
aromas of cigarbox and forest floor. My initial criticism was maybe
drying out a little on finish, but I no longer found that when I
revisited a while later (after watching an episode of "Foyle's
Wat.").
This bottle is certainly a drink up, but I've had others that had
plenty of life left. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**