Posted to rec.food.preserving
Brian Mailman[_1_] Brian Mailman[_1_] is offline

Default last few days

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Kathi Jones" > wrote:
>> I've been thinking I should check the freezer to see what I've "put away for
>> later"...I know there's pomegranate juice, wild blueberry juice, kiwi fruit
>> and strawberries in there...wonder what else I can find?
>>
>> Kathi

> I have peaches and scads of berries.

I have about 5 2-3lb b**ts (they may take over LA) and what seems to be
a crate of broccoli.

Today I experimented with Mark Bittman's process for duck confit, I'm
doing a "Provencal" dinner at the end of the month. I doubled the cure,
and let it sit for 2 days + (shouldn't have, confit seems to be quite
salty, even though I rinsed it off). I put it in the oven at 300F, not
325 and gave it 3 hours covered, 90 minutes uncovered. Looks nice, but
as I said, tastes rather salty. I think all the fat did not render away
so I might give it another hour, covered, in the morning.

B/