Jake Honeywill Jake Honeywill is offline
Member

Wink

Sounds great!
HOw do you make pulled pork though? DOesn't it take like 24 hrs to cook or something - does it have to be done on the BBQ or is there an oven version?
When we do Barbecues we don't have the time you guys in the states have. You know, the blokes sitting around drinking Buds and stoking the barbie while the girls chop up tomatoes and talk about girl stuff. We would arrive at say 1pm, unload all our kit, set up and start cooking at say 2.30, to serve at around 4.00 - Not much time to do real big ass cuts of proper USA style BBQ - I'm afraid in this country people think of BBQ as burger, sausages and chicken skewers - maybe a few prawns or butterflied leg of lamb. Bit sad really but you can do a fantastic spread with a lovely centre piece of say a whole fillet of beef and people will still say 'got any bangers (sausages)'.
I watched that Jamie Oliver show where he went all around the states and the episode where he was down in Carolina (i think) was excellent.. It made me want to get my own mini-pit fabricated and to start doing big cuts,, more slowly. Anyway, has anyone got any ideas of how to do the pulled pork thing in an oven?
Jake Honeywill
Event Coordinator
Octopus Food Limited
Excellent Catering for Special Events