Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default WTN: 2 good wines- Rheingau and Savigny les Beaune

Over several nights, the 2008 Leitz Rudesheimer Klosterlay Kabinett.
First night a hint of spritz, sweet limeade fruit, full and
refreshing. Calmer on subsequent nights, good length, a minty/herbal
note with the citrus fruit, I'm pleased. B+

A cold was wearing down Betsy on Valentine's Day, but she printed a
recipe for a chorizo/mushroom pizza from a Jacques Pepin show. I was
going to do that for dinner, then Dave said he was joining us so I
also did an anchovy/veggie pie. I opened the 2005 Potel Savigny VV.
Dense, good acids, some slightly raggedy tannins. Solid/stolid black
cherry fruit. OK, but I'm not loving this. However, a couple of hours
made all the difference. With air this shows sweeter fruit on revisit,
with damp earth, smoke, and a little spice. Will give other bottle
some time. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**