Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Will Yardley Will Yardley is offline

Default flavoured tea & purists?

On 2010-02-08, Aaron W. Hsu > wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 21:10:24 -0500, bcpdsfinest > wrote:

>> I truly do not mind a fruit flavoured tea as long as the tea is a
>> quality whole, loose leaf tea and there are dehydrated pieces of the
>> fruit in the mix.

> I'd say this is the heart of the problem with flavored teas. Usually,
> they aren't high quality teas, and they usually don't have really
> quality fruit in them either. The flavoring is often a mix of
> artificial and natural flavors, processed who knows how many times,
> and the tea sometimes wouldn't even pass muster at Lipton.

I think the reason for this is mostly that people who are serious about
tea generally don't drink this stuff. And if you really must, it's
probably safer / better to mix your own.

What I would suggest is that people who drink these kind of teas look
for unscented / unflavored teas which naturally have similar qualities
to the flavored teas they like.

--
Multi-lingual forum for Chinese and Japanese tea and teawa
http://teadrunk.org/