Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default OT - 26.5 Inches Here

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 01:18:00 GMT, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On Sun 07 Feb 2010 07:43:17p, Lou Decruss wrote in
>rec.food.cooking
> :
>
>> On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 23:53:11 GMT, Cheryl >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Just freaking wonderful. I went out to see how far I can move
>>>my truck out of the driveway (not far even with 4 whl dr) and my
>>>windshield is cracked. sigh.............

>> http://www.glassusa.com/
>>
>> I had one fixed this past summer. $201.38. They came to me in
>> a few hours and did it in 35 minutes. A perfect job too.
>>
>> Lou

By "fixed" you must mean they filled in the crack with that goop.

I had a *new windshield installed* two years ago, was done in my
driveway. I have full glass coverage with my auto policy (no
deductible). If I had to pay for the windshield and labor it would
have cost close to $600. There is no way you had a new windshield
installed for that price... a new windshield alone costs like twice
$200 and what about labor/travel... perhaps that $200 is your
deductible.

>Thanks! I've had to have one replaced in the winter before, and
>they can't do it at your home unless you have a garage with
>environmental control. Too cold. But I've been doing some web
>searches to get the best price. I can't drive with a crack because
>I'm doing highway driving and I'm too afraid when I get up to speed
>it will implode so I have to do it tomorrow. Funny, I never gave
>that pebble or small rock a second thought when it hit but add cold
>temps, and there you go. Sucks.

Your insurance company will find you an auto glass shop close to home
where you can make an appointment to have your windshield replaced
while you wait. When one has glass coverage on their auto policy
(most do) the insurance company negotiates the price so you never know
the actual cost... you pay the deductible only if there one.