Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default OT - 26.5 Inches Here

On 2/7/2010 8:18 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On Sun 07 Feb 2010 07:43:17p, Lou Decruss wrote in
> rec.food.cooking
> >:
>
>> On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 23:53:11 GMT, >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Just freaking wonderful. I went out to see how far I can move
>>> my truck out of the driveway (not far even with 4 whl dr) and my
>>> windshield is cracked. sigh.............

>> http://www.glassusa.com/
>>
>> I had one fixed this past summer. $201.38. They came to me in
>> a few hours and did it in 35 minutes. A perfect job too.
>>
>> Lou
>>

> Thanks! I've had to have one replaced in the winter before, and
> they can't do it at your home unless you have a garage with
> environmental control. Too cold. But I've been doing some web
> searches to get the best price. I can't drive with a crack because
> I'm doing highway driving and I'm too afraid when I get up to speed
> it will implode so I have to do it tomorrow. Funny, I never gave
> that pebble or small rock a second thought when it hit but add cold
> temps, and there you go. Sucks.

Check for a local glass place. I had one replaced at a evil local
family owned place last year for around $180. He asked if I could be
there at 7 the next morning and said it would take less than an hour. I
went for a walk after I dropped it off and he called a half hour later
telling me it would be done shortly and I should start walking back. It
took 40 minutes total. They even reattached the inspection stickers
saving a trip to get new stickers.