Posted to alt.food.wine
Bill S. Bill S. is offline

Default Rhones, mostly

Notes from a travel planning session.

Pierre Peters Blanc de Blancs Champagne (nv) – quite nice lemony nose,
tasty, clean and fresh.

2005 Crochet Sancerre – had this recently – one of my favourite
Sancerres, this time showing more lime than lemon in the nose, with
clean savoury mouth impressions.

2001 Les Pallieres Gigondas – a hint of menthol in the nose, soft
tannins, smooth – time I got into mine as this drinks perfectly now.

2003 Rostaing Les Lezardes Syrah – a vin de pays from Collines
Rhodaniennes, this was delightful! Lovely fragrant nose, bright
fruit, everything working well together.

2002 Las Tablas Glenrose Vd. – the label indicated a blend of 35%
Syrah, 29% Mourvedre, 26% Grenache, 10% Counoise, and in this case it
resulted in a good Rhone nose, one of the best I’ve seen in a
California Rhone blend. Bright flavours, god acidity, soft tannin, and
an excellent ringer for a Rhone tasting. A tad on the simple side, so
more like a decent CduR than a CNduP.

2001 Serrette Cornas VV – This was Cornas Light, for those who lack
the patience to wai out the traditional style. Pleasant sort of
generic nose, soft and ready.

1997 Dom. Coursedon St. Joseph - Patrcick lesec wine, this still has
good colour, a nice syrah nose with a definite green element, and
almost soft smooth feel. Decent length. Drink up.