Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Several sips of a Sauvignon de St Bris

I've been fighting a cold/flu for a few days, so didn't actually look
for wine with dinner,. But Betsy needed a bit of white for last 2
dinners (bolognese Wed, pork chops and French onion soup) so I had a
half glass each night. The white was the 2004 de Moor St Bris (it just
says St Bris, not Sauvignon St Bris- huh!). To me this didn't show
as very Sauvignon Blanc-ish, it could easily pass for a steely/flinty
Chardonnay. Sweet fruit though it's a dry wine, citrus and apple, with
a mineral finish. Nice midweight wine, holds well over night. B/B+
(note taster probably even less consistent than normal, stopped up
nose)

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.*