Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Mostly Italian at Peter Pratt's

"Mark brought me over 2 blind wines. I know he's at Burgundy table, so
make that assumption. #1 is earthy, good acids, black fruits, leather.
#2 seems deeper to me, but similar overall- lots of earth, good acids,
=pretty black plum fruit, a hint of funk. B/B+
Bob thinks Pommard or Gevrey, I vote Chambolle or possibly Volnay, and
either 1998, 1999, or 2001. I write down 1999 village Chambolle and
Amoureuses respectively, Mark tells me I'm not close. Bummer. Later he
reveals them as 1999 Girardin Bonne Mares, for Euro and US markets.
Hey, for me that's very close!"
..

To be more accurate, the wines were the 1999 Vincent Girardin Bonnes
Mares and 1999 Baron de la Charrière Bonnes Mares (both really
Girardin)