Posted to alt.food.wine
Ewan Ewan is offline

Default TN: Corked wines at the CIA

On Jan 30, 10:32*am, DaleW > wrote:
> Some friends asked us if we would join them for dinner at the St
> Andrews Cafe at the Culinary Institute of American in Hyde Park. I
> hurried home from work and we drove north. arriving just in time. *My
> first time on this campus (quite nice and collegial, though the route
> from parking to restaurants could be better defined)
>
> This evening was part of their dinner series, the theme was Slow &
> Savory Cooking. Just in case it sounds like I'm carping/complaining,
> let me say at the outset that I had a good time, I found the kids
> delightful in their trying so hard, and the food was mostly good.

We had our first CuIAm (!) meal a month back, at their lowest-level
restaurant (St. Andrew's cafe). Nice selection of wines by the glass,
very reasonable prices, and I echo Dale's comments on both the staff
and (most of) the food; but we sent back both of our initial glasses
too. No problems on replacement - other than increased anxiety for
the poor server - but I wonder whether there's some possible cause in
their storage??

It's only about an hour south from us, so we'll likely go back; fun
place to visit.